Homemade muesli sweetened with apple juice
2 cups of oats
½ cup hazelnuts (chopped)
½ almonds (chopped)
½ cup pumpkinseeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup raisins
¼ chia seeds
2 small apples, juiced (or store bought apple juice, preferably without added sugar)
- Heat your oven to 100’c/212’f
- Mix the oats, hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkinseeds and sunflower seeds in a big bowl
- Add the apple juice slowly while mixing it all together, the mixture should be moist, but not wet.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and add the mixture evenly across the tray.
- Put it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, check and stir every 5-10 minutes. It is done when it has a light golden colour and the mixture is completely dry.
- Let it cool and then add the raisins, chia seeds and flaxseeds and store in an airtight jar, it should keep up to a month this way.
- Now enjoy! I like to add the muesli to my smoothie bowls, acai bowls, parfaits, skyr, yoghurt etc.