Broccoli crust pizza
I absolutely love pizza and I love to experiment with new healthified versions – like the sweet potato crust pizza I did a while ago – and now it is time for yet another alternative kind of pizza crust – broccoli crust pizza! I stumbled upon the idea on the amazing blog A Tasty Love Story and just knew I had to give it try. I really like how it turned out, so I thought I would share it with you lovelies, just a heads up though – don’t expect the crust to be super crispy, it won’t be, just try to embrace the idea of different kind of pizza :)
Oh and I just have to say, I added too little toppings for my liking when I made the pizza, haha but don’t worry I added a lot more before eating it. I have to keep that in mind for next time – there can never be too much topping on a pizza! ;)
Ingredients – yields 2 medium sized pizzas:
Two thirds of a medium sized broccoli (about 1.5 cup when grated)
1 small onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
3 teaspoons psyllium husk
1 teaspoon chia seeds
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c / 400 degrees f.
- Place the broccoli and onion in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped, add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything is well mixed. Put the mixture aside for 15 minutes to allow the husk and chia seeds soak up the liquid.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and use a spoon and spatula to form the pizza on the tray, try to make it the same thickness so it bakes evenly.
- Let it bake for 10 minutes and then gently flip it over and let it bake another 5 minutes on the other side
- Take out the pizza crust and add your toppings of choice – I added organic tomato puree, a little garlic powder, chili powder and paprika, goat cheese, fresh basil, onion and sliced tomato– I added the rest of the toppings (arugula and more fresh basil) when the pizzas were done baking.
- Bake the pizzas for another 5-10 minutes and you’re done! I enjoyed the pizza with an arugula/berry/goat cheese salad and peach/raspberry infused ice water.