Raw passion fruit mini cheesecake
So ever since I made my first raw cheesecake (this raspberry/coconut beauty) I have been wanting to experiment with new flavors and recipes, but since we have the absolute tiniest freezer that are always completely full it haven’t really been a possibility. BUT last week I found these super cute mini cake pans that I am able to squeeze in the freezer, so from now on I will experiment with aaaaall of the cheesecake flavors, yass!!
First in line is this super fresh and creamy passion fruit cheesecake, it is super simple, but so tasty! I am obsessed with passionfruit at the moment and the fresh flavor went so well with the creamy cheesecake layer. Haha I kinda wish that it wasn’t a mini version, but luckily I already have a new flavor waiting for me in the freezer ;)
If you want to make a bigger version then you can of course easily just add up the ingredients.
Ingredients – 2 servings:
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 + 1/4 cup cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours or overnight
3 passion fruits
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon pure maple sirup or akacia honey
2 tablespoons creamed coconut butter
1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla powder
Pasision fruit, mint and raspberries to decorate it with.
- Start by soaking the cashews in water for at least 3 hours or even overnight.
- Make the base by adding the almonds to a food processor and give them a quick blend so that they are roughly chopped, then add the dates and pulse until you have a cohesive, sticky mixture. Press down the base mixture in a springform cake tin (mine is about 9 cm. in diameter) lined with baking paper and make sure it is pressed down tight and evenly.
- To make the passionfruit layer simply add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth, this usually takes 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the passion fruit layer on top of the base and place it in the freezer for at least a couple of hours until it is frozen and have firmed up.
- Take it out of the freezer for about 20-30 minutes before serving, decorate it with the passionfruit, mint and raspberries and you’re done, enjoy!