Healthified apple pie // Guest blogger: Julie Bruun
Hi loves, it is time for the very last post in my little guest blogger series as my LA trip is over and I am now back home in Copenhagen. This week I have the honor of having Julie from the blog Julie Bruun stopping by to share the recipe for her (healthified) apple pie – how good does it look?! Yum! Make sure to check out her blog for more amazing recipes!
My name is Julie, I am 27 years old and live in Aarhus, Denmark. I am educated as a physiotherapist, fitness instructor and dietician. But currently I am on maternity leave with my little boy Noah, which I have been so lucky to be enriched with August this year.
My blog is primary about healthy food, but also about being a mom and all the amazing moments as supplied.
I am so happy to be visiting A Million Miles and share one of my favourite recipes. The universe over here is full of colour, pretty pictures and not least great recipes.
I have chosen this apple pie – it is very easy to make and often the one I end up with, when it has to go a little bit quickly. I hope you like it.
Thank you for lending me your blog sweet Signe.
200 g. almonds
10 soft dates
200 g. coconut flour
1 can of coconut milk (preferably not light)
1 tbsp sweetener of choice*
1,5 tbsp almond essence
1/2 tsp salt
100 g white chocolate
* The exact amount depends of which sweetener you choose, if it is honey use a little bit more. If it is sweet liquid from fx ISIS, then you can settle with 1 tbsp
- Place the almonds and coconut flour in a blender or mini chopper and run into flour
- Remove the stones from the dates and mash them with a fork. Put them in a bowl with the flour.
- Open your can of coconut milk and see if you can get the fat part only and thereby avoid too much water.
- Put it in the bowl along with the eggs, the sweetening, almond essence and salt
- Chop the chocolate and add it to the rest. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Put it all in a pie dish and begin to cut the apples into thin slices and put them to the tart as shown on the picture.
- Bake the cake about 20 minutes at 175 degrees and serve it with sour cream.